Spring is a wonderful time of year in Columbus, Ohio! The flowers start to bloom, the grass starts to get green, and the sun finally makes an appearance after a long, gray winter.
To celebrate, you’ll want to get out and enjoy the city, These activities are a great way to experience Columbus in the spring. Plus there are some great festivals happening!
For a full list of things to do in Columbus any time of the year, check out my ULTIMATE Guide to Columbus, Ohio!
The Best Spring Activities in Columbus, Ohio
1. Visit A Columbus Metro Park
Spring in Columbus is a great time to visit one of our metro parks. There are 19 different parks on over 27,000 acres of land to choose from, and they offer a lot of events and activities throughout the year.
Columbus Metro Parks are slowly starting to add back organized activities in 2021. Some of the activities that you may see include:
- Morning Coffee and Wildlife Watch
- Sunrise Hike
- Spring Break Scavenger Hunt Challenge
- Bird Hike
- Earth Day Clean-Up
- Off-Trail Photography Hike
- Toddlers In Nature
- Heirloom Gardening
Don’t forget to grab your 2021 outdoor adventure card for a chance to earn a prize!
2. Columbus Zoo and Aquarium
Spring is a great time to visit the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium. In addition to the fantastic animal exhibits, you’ll find some great spring events:
- Workouts for Wildlife: April 2, 2022, at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Sensory Friendly Quiet Hours: April 10, 2022, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Eggs, Paws, and Claws: April 15-16, 2022
- Earth Day Celebration Weekend: April 23-24, 2022
- Mother’s Day at the Zoo: May 8, 2022
- Wine for Wildlife: May 14, 2022, 6 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- Sensory Friendly Quiet After Hours: May 26, 2022, 5:30 p.m. – 8 p.m.
3. Gallery Hop
Gallery Hop is a Columbus tradition that happens on the first Saturday of every month from 4-10 pm in the Short North Arts District. It features galleries, exhibits, shopping, food, music, and more.
4. Columbus Museum of Art
Class it up a bit with a visit to the Columbus Museum of Art. Here’s some of what’s on view now at the museum:
- Roy Lichtenstein: History in the Making 1948-1969: March 5, 2022 – June 5, 2022
- Nina Katchadourian: August 8, 2021- April 24, 2022
- Promised Gifts from the Collection of Donna and Larry James: March 5, 2022 – October 2, 2022
- Women Behind the Lens: August 21, 2021- May 1, 2022
- Bruce Robinson: Flutterby: August 28, 2021- April 24, 2022
5. Go to a Columbus Clippers Game
The Columbus Clippers, Columbus’ minor league baseball team, are a hometown favorite. Individual game tickets for the 2022 season are now available online. Games start April 12, 2022.
6. Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens
The Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens is a great place to visit in the spring. Check out these special events and attractions:
- Blooms & Butterflies: February 26, 2022 – May 30, 2022
- SPOKE: The Visual Poetry & Environmental Art of Olga Ziemska: January 22, 2022 – May 30, 2022
7. Dublin Celtic Cocktail Trail
The Celtic Cocktail Trail features 14 stops, offering the best craft cocktails in Dublin, Ohio. If you complete 5 stops, you’ll get a commemorative koozie, and you’ll get the official Celtic Cocktail Trail t-shirt if you complete all 14 stops. If you aren’t a drinker, you’re in luck because this year the Cocktail Trail includes 11 stops offering non-alcoholic cocktails! You’ll earn the t-shirt when you complete all 11 zero-proof stops.
You can pick up a Cocktail Trail passport at the Dublin Visitor and Information Center in downtown Dublin.
Spring Festivals and Events in Columbus, Ohio 
Check out these great festivals and special events happening in Columbus this spring!
When: April 1-2, 2022
Where: Palace Theater | 34 W. Broad Street
When: May 1, 2022
Where: Columbus Symphony Orchestra | 55 E. State Street
Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back (Screening Accompanied by the Columbus Symphony)
When: May 6, 2022
Where: Ohio Theater | 39 E. State Street
When: May 7, 2022
Where: COSI | 333 W. Broad Street
When: May 14-15, 2022
Where: Genoa Park | 303 W. Broad St.
When: May 26-29, 2022
Where: Genoa Park | 303 W. Broad St.
When: May 28-29, 2022
When: May 30, 2022 – June 5, 2022
Where: Muirfield Village, Dublin