First of all, I would like to wish you and your family a wonderful, happy and healthy new year!
I hope 2017 is fantastic for you.
In true “I’m so obsessed with miles and points that I started a blog” fashion, the first thing I did in this new year is sign up for a new credit card (ok, technically this one is in my husband’s name, but it’s all the same!) I have had a mailed 60,000 bonus point offer for the Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite Mastercard sitting on my desk for a while. This one sort of goes against my “rule” of having a plan before I start collecting points, but it’s also a good strategy to take advantage of higher offers when you can. This offer is 10,000 higher than the public offer right now so it seemed like a good time to pull the trigger. We have a large non bonus category purchase coming up so I know I can get through the minimum spend quickly.
Highlights of the Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite MasterCard
- $95 annual fee is waived the first year
- First checked bag is free on domestic itineraries (for up to 4 travel companions on the same reservation also)
- Group 1 boarding on American Airlines domestic flights
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- 2x AAdvantage Miles per dollar spend on eligible American Airlines purchases
- 1x AAdvantage Mile on all other purchases
This is my first Citi card so it’s pretty exciting (in a travel hacking nerd kind of way)…