Goat Yoga….awww, yeah! If you aren’t familiar with goat yoga, it’s pretty much what it sounds like. Yoga, but with goats. And chickens, and ducks, and a cat or two!
Here’s what you need to know about taking goat yoga in Columbus, Ohio.
Legal Stuff: This post may contain affiliate links and/or credit card referral links. Also, we are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Goat Yoga in Columbus, Ohio
Columbus, Ohio has a lot going for it! This thriving Midwestern city is home to a fantastic food scene and a hip art scene. Columbus has sports, craft breweries, and theater too.
And goats. Goat yoga, to be exact.
Yoga with animals has gained popularity in the last few years and if you haven’t tried it yet, you really should. There’s something about watching a goat relieve himself next to your yoga mat that’s just so zen (ha)! But seriously, it’s a blast.
Harrison Farm Goat Yoga
Location: 5278 Berger Road, Groveport, Ohio 43125
- April 24, 2021 at 3:30 p.m.
- Saturday, May 1, 2021 at 9:30 a.m. and Noon
Harrison Farm is located in Groveport, Ohio (just outside of Columbus), and offers goat yoga from April through October.
Katherine, the fifth-generation owner of the farm, is incredibly welcoming and really creates a great atmosphere. Dana from Bern Yoga teaches the class and she’s just what you would want for a super chill, zen-out-with-the-animals type of class!
What To Expect at a Harrison Farm Goat Yoga Class
When you first arrive, you will check in, pay, and set up your mat. Be sure to arrive early to get a good spot and to have some fun with the chickens and ducks around the farm.
The goats join as the class starts. They seemed to interact more with the first row of people, so sit in the front if you want to maximize your goat bonding.
More Animal Yoga: Yoga with Dolphins in Las Vegas
The class is very relaxed and is suitable even for beginners. You might notice that it’s hard to focus solely on your practice when there is so much happening around you…but that’s part of the fun. Just relax and go with it. If you want to stop to take a photo or 12, that’s cool too.
The class is set up under a large tree that provides a good amount of shade, so I would say sunscreen isn’t 100% necessary. Just get there early to get a shady spot! (The side near the house stayed shadier than the side closer to the barn.)
Hidden Acres Legacy Farm Goat Yoga
Hidden Acres Legacy Farm has goat yoga classes throughout the summer. Search for specific dates and sign up here.
Location: 7278 Reynoldsburg Baltimore Road, Pickerington
Dates: Saturdays from April through August 2021
Things To Remember For Your First Goat Yoga Experience
- The goats will do whatever they want…for realz. This includes potentially pooping on your mat. But don’t worry. The staff will quickly come to help you, aka “the chosen yogi”, with clean-up.
- Selfies will be taken. It’s ok to over document.
- It’s a laid-back experience. There aren’t rules — you can stop mid down dog to snuggle with your new goat friend if that’s what you want to do.
What To Bring To Goat Yoga
- A Yoga Mat – If you don’t have a mat, a beach towel or blanket will work too.
- A Towel – The class is out in the grass which can get wet and a little muddy. I wish I had brought a towel to put under my mat to keep it cleaner. Either way, you will probably want to clean your mat when you get home.
- Water – Although they do have water if you forgot yours.
Other Fun Yoga Classes In Columbus, Ohio
If you’d like to try some other fun yoga classes in Columbus, you’re in luck! Check out these unique ways to zen out:
Yoga with Sloths
Finally, sloths and yoga have been combined for the ultimate zen-out event! These special yoga classes take place at the Columbus Zoo and are a popular fall event. Tickets are required (order here) and the events will sell out!
- October 23, 2021 at 9 a.m., 12 p.m., or 3 p.m.
- October 24, 2021 at 9:30 a.m. or 1:30 p.m.
Bottoms Up! Yoga and Brew
- April 24, 2021 at 10 a.m. | Land-Grant Brewing Company | Ticket info here
- April 18, 2021 at 4 p.m. | Bottoms Up Coffee | Ticket info here
Yoga and Canvas
Experience Vinyasart with Hamsa Lounge Yoga. Click here for ticket information.
- April 17, 2021 (Virtual event) 4 p.m.-6 p.m.
Yoga is a great activity for the mind and body. Why not have some fun in your next yoga class with the addition of goats! Goat Yoga is available throughout the summer in Columbus, Ohio.
If goats aren’t your thing, you can try another unique type of class including yoga with cats or even yoga with beer. Namaste.
Save This on Pinterest