UPDATE: Chester has gone out of business. Click here for other carry-on luggage options.
One of the most important things to consider when going on a trip is your luggage. In this Chester luggage review, I’ll take you on a tour of the Minima Carry-On Spinner Suitcase.
We’ll go over design features, warranty, durability, where to purchase, and I’ve even got Chester coupon code to share with you (happy dance)!
Legal Stuff: This post may contain affiliate links and/or credit card referral links. Also, we are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Chester Travel is an NYC-based lifestyle brand that is challenging the way we think about luggage. They engineer their suitcases with the strongest, sleekest materials on the market — to give you a luxurious, yet durable bag that can stand up to any type of travel.
Chester Travel offers 3 sizes of suitcases for every travel need:
Chester 10-Year Limited Warranty
Chester offers a 10-year limited warranty on luggage purchased directly from them or authorized retailers. Your warranty covers:
- Cracks or breaks in the shell
- Wheels, handles, or telescoping handles that break off and are no longer usable
- Zippers that can no longer be opened or closed
For more Chester warranty information click here.
Chester Luggage Review: Minima Carry-On Spinner Suitcase
The Chester Minima Carry-On Spinner suitcase is a compact, lightweight, sleek suitcase. I gave it a spin on a recent weekend trip to Las Vegas, and I loved how easy it was to maneuver.
Highlights of the Chester Minima Carry-On Spinner Suitcase
- Lightweight: The Minima Carry-On Spinner weighs in at only 7lbs
- Spinner Wheels: This Chester suitcase comes with 360-degree spinner wheels to make your travels effortless
- The Perfect Carry-On Size: The Minima carry-on measures 21.5” x 13.5” x 8.5″ which will fit easily in any overhead bin.
- Hard Shell Exterior: Chester Luggage uses a polycarbonate hard shell to protect your belongings against all the elements
- Stylish Colors: The Minima Carry-On Suitcase comes in 7 fashionable colors (black, charcoal grey, aluminum grey, ocean blue, sky blue, sand or pink)
- Free Shipping and Returns: Chester Travel offers free 2-day shipping and returns
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: Chester is confident in their products so they offer a 100-day trial and free returns. If you don’t love your luggage, just return it. (This applies to purchases from the Chester Travel website. Purchases from Amazon are subject to different a return policy)
Sleek Design of the Chester Minima Carry-On Spinner Suitcase
The Chester Minima Carry-On is a good-looking bag. Now, I realize that when it comes to luggage, looks aren’t the most important thing…but it’s a bonus.
When you receive your bag, you’ll notice that it is thoughtfully packaged in a protective cover. The bag itself is sleek and compact — and those colors are on point!
Pro Tip: Choose a color other than black — you’ll have a much easier time picking your luggage out of a sea of black bags! Thankfully, Chester offers 7 gorgeous colors (including black, if you are into that).
Chester luggage is made of a polycarbonate shell designed to be lightweight, durable, and waterproof. But it’s also flexible enough to expand and absorb external pressure, eliminating dents and dings. And while you might think this type of construction would make the bag heavy, you would be wrong. The Chester Minima Carry-On only weighs 7 lbs!
Inside The Chester Minima Carry-On Bag
Inside the Chester Minima Carry-On, you’ll find 2 main zippered compartments. Each of these compartments also has smaller, zippered compartments on the front flap.
There is also a special pouch that contains a removable nylon laundry bag so you can keep your dirty laundry separated from the rest of your clothes.
Depending on how you pack (minimalist vs. 3-pairs-of-shoes-a-day) you can probably fit between 3-4 days’ worth of clothes in the Chester Minima Carry-On. It’s perfect for a weekend getaway!
Need more than just a carry-on? Chester also offers 2 larger-sized suitcases for all of your travel needs — the Regula and the Maxima! You can save some money by buying them as a set.
Where Can I Purchase Chester Luggage?
You can purchase the Chester Minima Carry-On in a couple of ways:
- Purchase directly from Chester Travel. Use this link and the code ZENTRAVEL to save 10%. Get free 2-day shipping and free returns.
- Purchase from Amazon with free Prime Shipping.
Carry-On Luggage Requirements
Carry-on luggage size limitations can vary between airlines by an inch or 2, but the most common size limit is 22″ x 14″ x 9″, including the handle and wheels. The Chester Minima Carry-On Spinner measures 21.5” x 13.5” x 8.5″.
Here are the specific carry-on size requirements from some common carriers:
- Air Canada: 21.5 x 15.5 x 9
- Alaska Airlines: 22 x 14 x 9
- Allegiant: 16 x 15 x 7
- American Airlines: 22 x 14 x 9
- Delta Airlines: 22 x 14 x 9
- Frontier Airlines: 24 x 16 x 10
- Hawaiian Airlines: 22 x 14 x 9
- JetBlue Airlines: 22 x 14 x 9
- Southwest Airlines: 24 x 16 x 10 (my favorite!)
- Spirit Airlines: 22 x 18 x 10
- United Airlines: 22 x 14 x 9
Most airlines don’t have a weight restriction — you just need to be able to lift your suitcase over your head and into the overhead bin. (If you’re a shortie like me, this can be quite a task!) Thankfully, I was able to lift the Chester Carry-On easily into the overhead bin on an airplane.
Carrying on your luggage saves you from paying exorbitant checked bag fees, eliminates the worry that your luggage won’t end up where you do, and saves time.
Carry-On Liquid Requirements
Your carry-on luggage can’t contain liquids, aerosols, gels, creams, or pastes in containers 3.4 oz or larger. These products should be in a quart-size clear plastic bag, and you will need to remove this bag when going through security.
You don’t need to remove your liquids if you are going through the TSA Precheck line.
Don’t forget these carry-on travel essentials on your next trip.
Chester Luggage Coupon Code
Ok, guys, here’s the fun part. I’m sure you’re intrigued and thinking that a Chester suitcase will be perfect for you. And that’s great because I’ve got a Chester Luggage Coupon Code just for you!
Use this link to shop and add the code: ZENTRAVEL at check out to get 10% off your Chester suitcase! Don’t forget you will also get free shipping and returns.
This Chester luggage review is courtesy of Chester Travel. They sent me the Minima Carry-On Spinner Suitcase free of charge to review. Of course, all opinions are my own.
Save This On Pinterest