Cherry Ridge Retreat is a collection of 8 luxury cabins in Hocking Hills Ohio. Each private cabin has spectacular views and absolute privacy.
Cherry Ridge Retreat is unique because it’s situated on 140 private acres of land offering spectacular views, excellent hiking, and the ultimate in private luxury Hocking Hills getaways. Each cabin has a hot tub and you’ll even find one with a swimming pool.
In this post, I’ll share my experience staying on the property and tell you what you can expect during your Cherry Ridge Retreat getaway in beautiful Hocking Hills.
This post was written in partnership with Cherry Ridge Retreat Hocking Hills. All opinions are my own.
Cherry Ridge Retreat: At A Glance
Office Location: 22097 Cherry Ridge Road, New Plymouth, Ohio 45654
Cabins: 8 private luxury cabins for 2-8 people
Parking: You’ll find a dual-port ChargePoint EV Charge station at the main office which can charge all types of electric cars. Additionally, each cabin has parking spaces for 2 cars.
Nearby Activities: Most people come to Hocking Hills for a secluded getaway, gorgeous scenery, and some of the best hiking in Ohio. Other nearby activities include ziplining, archery, ATV rentals, horseback riding, canoeing, and more.
Driving Distance From Nearby Cities to Cherry Ridge Retreat
- Columbus, Ohio: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Cleveland, Ohio: 3 hours 5 minutes
- Cincinnati, Ohio: 2 hours 30 minutes
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania: 3 hours 20 minutes
Cherry Ridge Retreat: 8 Luxury Cabins in Hocking Hills
Cherry Ridge Retreat is situated on 140 acres of private land. There are 8 individual cabins spread out on the property, making each one a private retreat. Here’s a quick glance at all 8 Cherry Ridge Retreat cabins in Hocking Hills.
Cherry Ridge Retreat Romantic Luxury Cabins:
- Ravine’s Edge Luxury Romantic Cabin: This cabin sleeps 2 people and features a 2-person shower, porch, grill, and fireplace.
- Observatory Luxury Romantic Cabin with Pool: This incredible 2 person cabin comes with fantastic views along with a heated swimming pool, cold plunge pool, and a hot tub.
- Oak Ridge Romantic Luxury Spa Cabin: This luxury cabin comes with 2 massage chairs, a movie room, and a private gazebo with a hot tub.
- Boat House Luxury Romantic Cabin: This 2-4 person lakeside cabin and comes with a private dock and sauna room.
Cherry Ridge Retreat Luxury Family Cabins:
- Lake House Luxury Lodge: This lakeside lodge is great for a group of up to 8 people.
- Whispering Pines Luxury Family Cabin: This 4 person cabin comes with a gazebo, hot tub, and a firepit.
- Sill Waters Luxury Family Cabin: This cabin has stunning views and accommodates 2 adults and 2 children. Outside, you’ll find a hot tub gazebo, fire pit, and pond.
- Water’s Edge Luxury Family Cabin: This cabin sleeps 2 adults and 2 children and has a private hot tub, gazebo, and pond views.
Cherry Ridge Retreat Review: Water’s Edge Cabin
As you pull into Cherry Ridge Retreat, right away you’ll start to feel the relaxation and seclusion that this property offers. After picking up your keys at the main office’s contactless check-in, you’ll follow the signs to your private cabin.
I stayed at Water’s Edge, a 2-bedroom cabin that sleeps 2 adults and 2 children. It comes is fully equipped with everything you’ll need for a relaxing stay.
The front door is located just off the outside deck that features a gas grill. The fully equipped kitchen comes with full-sized appliances and all of the extras you’ll need like a coffee maker and blender. The kitchen also comes with dishes, glassware, silverware, pots, and pans, etc — all you’ll need to bring is the food!
The comfortable living room has a TV and double-sided fireplace, making this an area you’ll want to enjoy on chilly evenings. The downstairs bedroom features a king-size bed and is on the other side of the fireplace so you can fall asleep to the crackling glow of a cozy fire.
There’s a bathroom downstairs that comes with Aveda bath products and cozy, plush towels. Upstairs, you’ll find a 2nd bedroom, which makes this a great cabin for families visiting Hocking Hills.
What’s Provided By Cherry Ridge Retreat
All Cherry Ridge Retreat luxury cabins come with central heating and air conditioning. Each one has a full kitchen equipped with everything you need to make a gourmet meal.
- Full-size refrigerator, stove, and microwave
- Food processor, toaster, blender
- Coffee maker and grinder
- Pots and pans
- Baking pans and baking sheets
- Cooking utensils and cutting boards
- Dishes, silverware, glassware, and knives
- Salt and pepper
- Can opener, corkscrew, garlic press, cheese grater, pizza wheel, colander
- Paper towels, dish soap, and hand soap
The bathrooms at Cherry Ridge Retreat are stocked with luxury Aveda bath products, plush bath towels, hairdryers, hand soap, and toilet paper.
WiFi is available for an additional charge at Cherry Ridge Retreat, however, the signal isn’t great. So, while it’s nice to have, expect it to be a bit slow.
Outside you’ll find everything you need for a fantastic romantic getaway for 2 or a private family gathering.
- A gas grill and grilling utensils (gas is supplied by Cherry Ridge Retreat)
- Private hot tubs for 4-6 people
- Spectacular views
- Over 5 miles of hiking trails on 140 private acres of land
- Private ponds for fishing
- Firewood (for an extra charge)
To enhance your stay even more, you can add upgrades like Cherry Ridge Retreat robes, s’mores kit, firewood, in-cabin massages, floral arrangements, coffee and mugs, tiki torches, and more!
What to Bring to Cherry Ridge Retreat
Here’s what you’ll need to bring with you for your Cherry Ridge Retreat getaway in Hocking Hills.
- Food (restaurants are 25 minutes away so you’ll want to cook in the cabin)
- Extras for cooking (spices, oils, condiments, take-home containers)
- Bottled or filtered water
- S’mores supplies (including roasting sticks)
- Bathing suits and flip flops for the hot tub
- Fishing equipment
Cherry Ridge Retreat FAQs
Q: Can I bring my dog with me to Cherry Ridge Retreat?
A: No, Cherry Ridge Retreat cabins are not pet-friendly.
Q: Are children allowed at Cherry Ridge Retreat?
A: Yes, children are allowed (for an extra charge) at Water’s Edge, Still Waters, Whispering Pines, Boat House, and The Lake House.
Q: How far is Cherry Ridge Retreat from Hocking Hills State Park?
A: Cherry Ridge Retreat is only a 15-20 minute drive to the most popular hiking spots in Hocking Hills.
Q: Are there hiking trails at Cherry Ridge Retreat?
A: Yes, there are over 5 miles of private hiking trails on the Cherry Ridge property. You’ll find trailheads by most cabins. There are trail maps available in your cabin or at the main office. Feel free to use your mountain bike on the trails, but dirt bikes, ATVs, and UTVs are not allowed.
Q: What time is check-in and check-out at Cherry Ridge Retreat?
A: Check-in is at 4 p.m. and check-out is at 11 a.m.
Q: Can I bring my own firewood to Cherry Ridge Retreat?
A: No, in order to limit the spread of wood-borne pests, you’ll need to purchase your firewood from Cherry Ridge Retreat.
Q: Can I fish at Cherry Ridge Retreat?
A: Yes, the ponds are stocked with fish, and catch and release fishing is allowed. You’ll need to bring your own fishing equipment including barbless hooks.
Q: Is swimming allowed in the ponds at Cherry Ridge Retreat?
A: No, swimming is not allowed in the ponds. The Observatory Cabin has an in-ground heated swimming pool so be sure to book that cabin if you’d like to swim.
There are lots of options for Hocking Hills cabin rentals so it can be hard to know which one is right for you. Cherry Ridge Retreat offers some of the most premier luxury cabins in Hocking Hills. If you’re looking for seclusion and some of the best amenities in Hocking Hills you can’t go wrong with Cherry Ridge Retreat.