Miles & Points Monday
Your SIMPLE weekly breakdown of what you need to know in the miles and points world!
Bonus Points or Cash Back For Doing Your Taxes
It’s tax time and although many people dread doing their taxes at least you can earn some extra points or cash back if you use Turbo Tax.
Southwest Rapid Rewards Shopping is offering 1,000 bonus points when you file with TurboTax. Just be sure to go through the Rapid Rewards portal.
Other airlines are offering miles too, but Southwest has the largest offer.
- American Airlines – 450 miles
- United Airlines (with UA Card) – 350 miles
- Alaska Airlines – 350 miles
- United Airlines (no UA Card) – 520 miles
If you have plans to purchase an edition of TurboTax, start your shopping through an online portal to earn cash back.
If you prefer hotel or airline points instead of cash back, there are a few places to look
- Hilton Honors Shopping – 11 points per USD
- Marriott Shop My Way – 10 points per USD
- Hawaiian Miles Online Mall – 7.5 miles per USD
Chase Sapphire Reserve 100,000 Point Bonus
Yes, I have previously written about the end of the amazing Chase Sapphire Reserve 100,000 Point Bonus…but all hope is not lost! The bonus is still available in Chase branches through March 12,2017. If you have not signed up for this card yet, get thee to a Chase branch asap!
Increased Offer on Starwood Credit Card
Now you can earn up to 35,000 bonus points on the Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express! This offer is available through April 5, 2017. This offer is a little different than previous offers as it has 2 award levels. With this offer you can earn up to 35,000 bonus points.
- Earn 25,000 Bonus Points after making $3,000 in purchases in the first 3 months of having the card
- Earn an extra 10,000 Bonus Points after making an additional $2,000 in purchases within the first 6 months
This offer is also available on the small business version of this card but with higher spending requirements.
- Earn 25,000 Bonus Points after making $5,000 in purchases in the first 3 months of having the card
- Earn an extra 10,000 Bonus Points after making an additional $3,000 in purchases within the first 6 months